The wild beauty of the African Serengeti inspires Swarovski's exclusive Crystal Creation collection that celebrates nature at its most brilliant.
SCS Annual Edition 2018 Giraffe Mudiwa
Imagine yourself on the burnt umber plains of Africa’s Serengeti Park with this beautiful depiction of a Giraffe, the SCS Annual Edition for 2018. Sparkling with 651 facets of expertly-cut crystal, it features a special fading effect to emulate the graceful fur pattern of the animal. The design has been titled Mudiwa, which means ‘beloved one’ in the Africa language of Shona. The base of the piece is engraved with this name, the Swarovski logo, the designer Martin Zendron’s initials, and 2018, the year of issue. Display this breathtaking piece together with the SCS Baby Giraffe to create a charming family scene. Exclusively available in 2018 to SCS members only, limited to one piece per member. Decoration object. Not a toy. Not suitable for children under 15.
Article no.: 5301550
SCS Giraffe Baby
Combine this beautiful Giraffe Baby with the SCS Annual Edition 2018 Giraffe Mudiwa to create an emotional and heart-warming family scene for your collection. Sparkling with 461 facets, it features a special fading effect to emulate the graceful fur pattern of a giraffe. Exclusively available in 2018 to SCS members only. Decoration object. Not a toy. Not suitable for children under 15.
Article no.: 5302151
Complete your African scene evoking the wild plains of the Serengeti Park with this stunning gazelle. An elegant and graceful piece, it sparkles with 474 facets. Expertly crafted, the design showcases our renowned artistry and would tie in wonderfully with the SCS Annual Edition 2018 Giraffe Mudiwa and the Giraffe Baby. Exclusively available in 2018 to SCS members only. Decoration object. Not a toy. Not suitable for children under 15.
Article no.: 5301551
• A group of giraffes is called a tower.
• Giraffes can run at speeds of up to 35 miles (56 kilometers) per hour, outrunning most horses.
• Giraffes are the tallest animals in the world. Males can grow up to 18 feet (5.5 meters) tall.
• A giraffe’s spots are like human fingerprints: no two individual giraffes have exactly the same pattern.
• Male giraffes and female giraffes eat from different parts of the same tree. This is to prevent competition between the males and females.